–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Friday 28 January 2011

Focaccia: Variations on a Theme

I have a bit of a thing for making focaccia, firstly because it is very easy to make and secondly, because I'm always thinking of different things to put on it.

The top picture is the very traditional rosemary one, but I had a little brainwave when I made the one in the picture below. Inspired by the Italians' use of fennel seeds in their sausages, I thought why not sprinkle some on top of a focaccia? I also used some chilli flakes which give a lovely spike.

I served them with a simple salad of sliced tomatoes, torn mozzarella and fresh basil leaves. Along side was a bowl of good extra virgin olive oil mixed with balsamic vinegar, either for drizzling or dunking.

For a recipe on how to make focaccia, see a previous post here.
Photos: ©childsdesign 2010

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails