–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Tuesday 19 October 2010

The Value of Pie


"Good apple pies 
are a considerable part
of our domestic happiness."
Jane Austen

Happiness is indeed pie-shaped, something enticing enclosed inside a crisp rich pastry shell never fails to please. My model and pie ambassador for this post is a bramley apple and blackberry pie, which I made in honour of the latest English seasonal fruits.
Of course, fruit is not the only filling for a pie, meat, fish and vegetables all make welcome inclusions for delectable dough enrobement.


A hot pie is the ultimate comfort food during winter, fresh from the oven, the contents bubbling within and when the crust is broken a sudden gush of steam delivers its appetising aromas to eager hungry diners.
A pie can be as simple or as complicated as you wish. You don't even need a recipe – just pastry and your imagination.
Never be afraid of the pie – if you make it yourself, you know exactly what's inside and never need fear anonymous lurkings beneath the lid.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I love you photos. As a fellow blogger can you give me any top tips to improve my photos?

Cheeky Spouse said...

Hi Victoria,
Thanks for the compliment :-)

My tip for achieving good photos, is that you really need to have good lighting, so that using flash can be avoided.

As I co-run a design company with my husband, we have our own professional equipment, however it is possible not to have to spend vast amounts of money to get similar results.

Some pictures on my blog were taken using a small digital camera, but like I say, good lighting is important.

I find that a little work in Photoshop can help lift the images too, by altering the shadows/highlights, contrast and sharpening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails