–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Tuesday 20 January 2009

Cleaning Up

One thing I’ve learnt is, when using the food processor to chop up meat or fish or anything containing eggs, is never to immerse it in hot water when I’ve finished.
The rule is, if it's protein based, the remnants will instantly cook and adhere to the surfaces making it very difficult to clean. Not being a Stepford Housewife, washing up is not a favourite past time, so I quickly worked out that rinsing with cold water first is the best course of action. Oh yes, flour reacts in much the same way, so the same rules apply. Please excuse me for adding this piece of information to my 
Tasty Tips. I’m sure you all know how to wash up, but it’s one of those things that could be vital to someone, assisting them in kitchen survival. After all, we want to spend more time making delicious food rather than being up to our armpits in dirty dishes!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails